Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Work, work, work...

Wow, its been ages since my last blog. And so much has happened! First of all, my husband is back at home, safely and unscathed :) Second, I just started a new job. I am working for the KZN nature conservation. The place I work out is situated in a nature reserve, and so far I've seen many zebra and dassies, but not much else. The people is all really friendly, and most of them is even Afrikaans!

The work itself is annoying. So far I've been pinning and labelling insects, which resulted in many little holes in my fingers. It is amazing how easily a pin can slip into a finger when you are not concentrating. I have to do some identification this week, which I am not looking forward to. This is the one part of Entomology that I really detest. Luckily this job is only for a month. After that I will be applying to work at Exclusive books, a really great bookshop. I am actually really excited about this. Though I may be working either days, nights or weekends, this is the one job I really want to do :)

No comments: