Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cape Town trip - Day 4, Part 2

After our little penguin excursion we made our way to the harbour to book a whale watching tour. This tour we chose cause the sharks was too expensive and we had already done the seals, so the only option left was whales. I am really glad we chose this one cause it was fantastic! Not only did we see 5 whales in total, two of them spend a good 30 minutes playing under the boat! A bit scary that, but so worth it.

This is the 2 of them approaching. From far we only made out a glow under the water, then realized it was the one whale's back that looked like it was covered by cow skin!



Here we were given a little nudge from the one, causing the boat to shake a bit, which in turn caused me to panic a bit lol. They kept swimming from one side of the boat to the other.


This was by far one of the greatest experiences of my life.




After the tour we decided to go to Cape Point. It was so beautiful, but extremely tiring. This was taken halfway, and the rest gave me chance to get some photos of the view.




After a couple more stops (I hate climbing by the way) we made it to the lighthouse and was greeted with this sight.




Now that's a lot of water lol. So our day 4 excursion came to an end. We were suppose to attend Tails's birthday party that evening, but I had terrible heatstroke from the day out on the boat, so I was lying down the rest of the evening :). Will make sure I put our last day up tomorrow!

3 comments:

Tails said...

Oh wow! Please drop me the details for the whale watching! I've never done that and would SO love to!

And dont worry about missing my birthday, as you know the evening turned out quite chaotic anyway! :)

Daleen said...

Lol yeah I remember! There is only one whale watching tour in Simonstown luckily, so it wont be to hard to miss. It is only open one a certain time of the year however, not sure what the months is.

What A Lame Excuse said...

Great blog! Personally, I would have tried to ride one of the majestic beasts if they were that close! It's on my to-do list.