Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

The new job approaches...

Well, I got the news today. Starting somewhere next week, I will be a working girl... :\ Not that being a housewife was not a full time position, but this is going to be my first full time job ever! I am appointed on a three month contract at first, then I can formally apply for the position. I will now be a Senior Research Technician I think... hehe. I guess its time that I use my degrees for something, but only for two years minimum, then I will be trying to start a family :D. Until then I will be busy entertaining my family this weekend. It will be the first time in almost 2 years that me, my brother and my sisters will be together under one roof. And this time its my roof :). I will be going to Durban on Sunday for the Comrades, even though I think we will be spending an amount of that time down by the beach.

Good news is that my flu is almost gone. Still got some body aches and a few fever sessions going but the worst is over. I saw the coolest thing yesterday! About 20 Hummingbirds landed in my garden. Usually there is only one or two, so it was interesting to see so many of them here at once. Wanted to take some pics but they moved on... guess it would have been a blurry photo in any case. :) Well, I got to get back to cleaning, there is always a bunch of little things to do when people visit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job! And glad to hear you are feeling better. :-)

Tails said...

Oooh I've never seen hummingbirds in person before!!! Lucky you!

Daleen said...

We have one or two that visits the garden almost every week, but this amount freaked me out!