Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

In the pipeline...

This is the nicest day. The weather is cool, it will hopefully start raining soon and there is no sun. :) Lovely! Yes, I am a winter person. Its not that I don't like warm weather, I just prefer the cold. That is why my husband's idea of moving to Canada one day is starting to sound really nice. I would be able to see snow! Even though people may say I may not like it when I am there, you never know. I may even love it. :) I already got my morning walk in, quite a brisk walk today (I feel impressed with myself), mainly because of some ominous clouds in the sky. Rain is nice, up to the point that you get soaked haha.

I did get some good news this weekend, though nothing is certain and fixed yet. My husband is going for his interview for his new job next week, and if he gets it his current job will be open for the taking. It is going to be advertised but until then there is a chance that they have to get someone in there for a 2 or 3 month contract position. And that person may be me! This will give me a much better chance for the position once I formally apply. And I get a chance to join my husband for a workshop in Cape Town in June! We may also stay a couple days more just for the fun of it...hehe. But as I said, nothing is fixed yet. So I will be holding all my thumbs and toes, and perhaps even some rattie thumbs :) that it works out. Talking of ratties, there are some very impatient rats staring at me cause I have not yet taken them out for the daily playtime, so I will be doing that now... :)

2 comments:

Tails said...

Oooh thats great! Though I thoroughly disagree with you on the winter *shiver* give me sun any day!! However, I am happy for the rain we had this weekend (nya nya! :P) because my garden desperately needs it!

And by the way, I dont think rats have thumbs :P So we'll just have to cross whole rats instead :P

Julie said...

Snow is nice. I love the first few snow falls when its light and fluffy and pretty. Its late Februiary and March snows I dislike when its all brown and ugly.

I live in new england so we get all 4 seasons...I like having a little of all....

Good luck with your potential job!