Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

1 Year houseaversary...

Yeah all right, houseaversary is NOT a word lol, but tomorrow is our first anniversary of living in our first house (technically second, though the first did not leave much of an impression). Yes, a year ago today I was running around like a mad woman trying to get all our last possessions into random boxes. Luckily I had plenty of help from all the family. This also means we have been living in Pmb for a year now! I can't believe time flew past like this! And it is really feeling like home now.

We do live in a nice place, a 2 bedroom, one bathroom town house?? I think it's a town house. There are about 25 units in the complex, and we are far from the gate so I really feel safe here. Also we have a garden with our own washing line so I don't have to share with anyone! Everything here is green and pretty, we are surrounded my mountains and the neighbours are friendly. The only problem is that I don't have the freedom of changing the place we live in, we rent. If I could paint the house... lol, it would be really pretty... :) I don't think I would ever be able to live in a single house on a single yard, it just feels so secure in a complex surrounded by other people. Now I just need to find a place where I can have a dog as well..

I decided this morning that my priorities is going to change from now on. I had a migraine again and I have a suspicion it was stress related. I tend to make a big deal of the smallest of things and frankly I am tired of how it affects me. I don't sleep well, I don't feel as well as I should so something has to give. Thus, my priorities are now:
1. Get the job at the museum (My husband's almost old job :)), and actually look forward to it. I will be working right next to my husband after all. :)
2. Work there for at least 2 or 3 years to save money to buy a nice 3 bedroom home with garden and the privilege of having a dog (and spend on nice things for myself.. hmmm... shopping at other clothes shops than Mr Price.. lol)
3. Buy a lot of pregnancy magazines so I am really prepared for a baby in 2 or 3 years time. I would love to have a baby before I am 30, and just realized I am only 25. So I have a while to go! Yay for positive thinking.
4. Think positive! hehe and get fit and feel better about my body, and eat healthier.. at least one chocolate a week :D
5. Try to keep up with my new priorities... I will really try hard.
6. Oh yeah, finish the novel... :\

And here is another Lolpic for me to enjoy.. and for you! Hope I bring a smile to your face! :)

5 comments:

Karen said...

Hi 'lil sis!
Also can't believe it's almost a year. I'm dreaming with you, and I'm also praying for you both... for wisdom, new friends, the new jobs, a nice "housie" and when the timing is right... a little pink foot who I can play with and spoil!! So long you know that I'll then visit more and more, and that you maybe then not be the only reason my visits :-))
Lov' ya

Smithy said...

That's the spirit!

Julie said...

You can do it!!
This time of the yr is always like that for me....but here its changing from winter to spring...change of seasons does it to me every yr

Happy Houseaversary!!!!

Tails said...

Wow its been a year? I guess it seems like yesterday when you started your blog, but that was in Nov 2008!! Time sure has flown!

I believe you have the power to do great things, so long as you truly believe you can! Go for it, girl! I'm behind you 100%!!

Emily @ Marvelous Recipes said...

Happy Houseaversary!! May all your dreams come true!