Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

10 Canine commandments...

Well, nothing extraordinary has happened since my last blog. We spent the Easter weekend at home, playing computer games the whole time (lots of fun, just glad my husband also like those games, else he would go mad! :)) and went out on Saturday to watch Fast and Furious with a friend. It was a good movie, but I liked the first one more.

I realized that I can never really put newspaper in my ratties cage and expect them to leave them alone. I think it was in for 10 minutes when I heard the first tearing. And it doesn't help to put loose pieces in as well, they drag them away and then start on the big ones. So now its utter chaos in the cage, with newspaper in all their slepping cubes and tubes (which is causing htem to sleep outside, no place for them inside lol) and even in the feeding bowl. The one girl, Penny, insists on putting every loose thing lying around in the foodbowl *sigh*.

I got this email from my husband, and would just like to share it. :) This is for all you dog lovers out there!

The 10 Canine commandments


1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be painful to me. Remember that before you buy me.

2. Give me time to understand what you want from me.

3. Place your trust in me. Its crucial to my well-being.


4. Don't be angry at me for too long, and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your entertainment, and your friends. I only have you.

5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will not forget it.



7. Remember before you hit me, I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, but I choose not to.

8. Before you scold me for being un-cooperative, obstinate or lazy, ask yourself if something may be bothering me. Perhaps I'm no getting the right food, or I have been in the sun too long, or my heart is getting old and weak.

9.
Take care of me when I get old. You too will get old.

10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say: "I can't bear to watch it," or "Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for me if you are there.


The last one drove me to tears. The worst moment in my life was when I was driving home and saw my father and a stranger put my spaniel Flappies in a strange car and drive away to have her put down. I never even got to say goodbye... I still get sad whenever I think of her, even though its been 8 years. I just can't get that last image out of my mind.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Dis vreeeeeeslik oulik.

Tails said...

Gee whiskers, woman, you done gone made me almost cry!!! Thats just heart-wrenching, but so true.

Reminds me of something I would have received from Didi while she was still alive...sigh.

Hunca Munca said...

ahw, i love those commandments.