Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I had surgery!

Yes, you heard right, surgery. Nothing hectic like a transplant or anything, but just a little laparoscopy. It all started with my visit to the gynae a week ago. After a rather uncomfortable examination I was sent for bloodwork and to book a time to have the operation. Honestly, the worst part was the bloodtests! I was poked 5 times in the one arm and 3 times in the other before they found a vein. Let me just tell you, I hate needles. The surgery was booked for yesterday.

I remained quite calm for the rest of the week, and even yesterday I just wanted to get it over and done with. Went in at 11:30 AM and waited till almost 5 PM  to go to the theatre. And all that time without food, which was probably the worst thing that happened all day. I got a little nervous when they came to fetch me but enjoyed riding around on the bed in the hospital, even went down an elevator in it :)

So when I finally arrived at the theatre the nervousness struck yet again when I saw the anaesthesia needle, which I did not even feel go in lol (thank goodness for the calming pill they give, which I refer to as the happy pill). Then I closed my eyes and when I opened them again it was all over. They found nothing wrong with me though, so I have to go back to the gynae in 2 weeks. I have 3 small cuts on the left side of my abdomen, one of which is just below my navel, talk about uncomfortable! I am in a bit of pain at the moment, but just relieved it is all over. Still not feeling like myself though, feels like I am still a bit under. Will post again when I feel better :)  

No comments: