Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

So my kitchen was clean...

My husband loves to cook. I have absolutely no complaint about that, cause it is lower on the list of things I like to do :). All that amazes me is how one person can make such a big mess. The mess also seems to be a lot bigger on the days when I took extra care in cleaning all the counters and things... *sigh*. It is all worth it in the end however, especially last night. He made a Guinness Pepper steak pie. All I can say is yummy! We had a taste of these pies in Stellenbosch during our Cape Town trip. I am quite impressed with him, he can cook any time he likes and I will happily clean up afterwards.

My stupid cold is better, but I am still not rid of it. My hearing is improving a little bit, as a couple of times a day my ears open up with so much force that it feels like my eardrums are bursting. Then, a couple of minutes later, it closes up again. It feels like I am being tortured!

This has not been an interesting week here. It is supposed to be the middle of Summer, but it has been raining everyday so far, which is normal, though it feels like Winter temperature wise. In other parts of South Africa people are complaining about the heat again. So thank you for messing up our seasons global warming, and if it is not too much to ask, maybe skip Summer this year? Make it snow instead? Ah well, so much for wishful thinking, today is unfortunately blue skies and sunshine, but the clouds have not disappeared yet.

Oh yes, I found a solution to my shelve problem in my bedroom. We only have 3 shelves in the bedroom closet, which is really stupid craftsmanship for me, so it has been a struggle for me to find space for everything. I have some hanging material shelves for my shoes, but nothing else but shoes and socks will go in there. Then on Sunday, during our weekend ritual of strolling through the mall and going for coffee and french fries, I make a discovery. It is called a sweater shelf (picture courtesy of organize.com) and it can fit so many clothes in it! I guess I am getting all excited about something that has probably been available forever, but it was the first time I ever saw it :)



Well I guess that's it. Still waiting for the gardener who has either forgotten to come or is running a little late. Going to see my first 3D movie this weekend, Avatar, and I am really stoked about that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love when my husband cooks as well, but he makes a HUGE mess too!
I think he uses every single dish, pan, and piece of silverware just too cook chicken and some veggies LoL.
But I hate cooking, so I'll put up with cleaning up to get out of it LoL.

Glad you're feeling a little better. Hope you get over it soon!