Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Snip snip...

So, on Tuesday evening I tell my husband I am thinking of cutting my hair again. And he said fine, I can go on Saturday. Yeah right... I was becoming really fed up with my hair at that precise moment. I have curly hair, but the longer it gets, the flatter it becomes at the top. The only curls left is a few on the bottom strands. So I went to bed, still annoyed. Yesterday morning I woke up, took a shower and tied my long wet hair in to a ponytail. And then I cut it off... My first reaction was oh crap or something like that, especially when I saw the amount of hair in my hand. So I started to snip here and there and I think I have successfully cut my hair into layers! Now I have a head full of fluffy curls and a lot of body in my hair, and I feel no regret. I think I can still tie it up, haven't tried yet, but who cares. I cut my own hair! It was so much fun but I don't think I will do it again :)

Other news is that my husband may only be going overseas in November! Which really works for me cause it is still a long time. The going away in August thing was not working for me, even the September timing was not fine. So I am relieved... :) While the rest of South Africa is huddled in the thing called winter, I am thoroughly enjoying the "winter" in Kwazulu Natal. I think it's 25 degrees outside (Celsius, not Fahrenheit) :) There is not a cloud in sight and everything is still green. I really love this place... :)

5 comments:

Mrs. Pink Pearls said...

I can't believe you cut your own hair! That is too funny!! I am too afraid to even try doing that myself. Good for you!

Im glad he isn't leaving until at least November.

Daleen said...

I were in shock for a bit, thinking what have I done!!! But it turned out fine. :)

Dizzy Vizzy said...

OMG - I do not have the talent to cut my own hair!!

Daleen said...

Hehe, neither do I. I will hear the final verdict when my sister comes tomorrow, hopefully they won't all laugh at me! :)

Tails said...

Yowza! MUCH more brave than I!! And I grew up around haircutting (mom's a hairstylest) too! Glad it turned out ok!!!

And booooo that you have such nice weather - we are FREEZING here in CT!!!